Simple & Secure
EMDR Therapy Tools
The industry-standard app for EMDR therapy. Work with your clients in person or online using advanced bilateral stimulation tools with secure HIPAA/GDPR compliant video conferencing.
We've made it easy to get started using
advanced EMDR therapy tools with your clients.
ONLINE & IN PERSON
EMDR tools that are ideal for using online and in your therapy room.
Free to use EMDR tools for in-person sessions, and 5 hrs of online usage every month.
easy to use
Quick to learn, easy to use and no software to download for you or your clients.
Compliant platform & video conferencing (inc HIPAA, GDPR, PHIPA/PIPEDA etc)
Supporting your EMDR therapy practice
Many EMDR therapists are now working with clients both in-person and online.
Bilateral Base provides everything you need for hybrid working in one platform.
Professional EMDR tools remove the fatigue of manual BLS techniques, improve your efficiency and help you to deliver a highly professional experience for your clients.
Custom Bilateral Stimulation
for Every Client
We're trusted by thousands of organisations worldwide
Online Platform Features
Secure Video Conferencing
Encrypted video calls that do not pass through our servers to ensure the highest level of privacy.
Group Video Calls
Multi-participant calls enable the inclusion of a translator, supervisor, run couples/group sessions or EMDR training.
Secure Reusable Links
Each client receives a unique secure link that they can use to join all their sessions. More info
The only EMDR platform to fully support auditory BLS on Android & iPad/iPhone. More info
External Video Compatible (e.g. Zoom)
Use our EMDR tools alongside other video conferencing platforms like Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet etc. More info
Client's View Panel
Enables you to monitor exactly what your client is seeing and hearing when BLS tools are in use.
Securely record sessions to your computer for supervision or accreditation purposes. More info
A different way to connect with your clients using visual expression. A great way to demonstrate ideas.
You or your client can securely share what is on their screen, (e.g. documents, pictures, & video). More info
A quick and convenient way to share short notes, links or videos during a session.
Replace your video background for privacy or just to have a more professional backdrop. More info
Save BLS Settings
Each client’s EMDR tool settings are automatically saved so they are available for future sessions
EMDR Tools For Your Therapy Room
In Person EMDR Tools
Make use of the same powerful digital EMDR tools in-person as you do online for a flexible and cost effective EMDR therapy setup.
Virtual EMDR Light Bar
Display the Virtual Light Bar on a computer monitor, laptop or TV for a highly customisable visual EMDR tool.
Use Auditory BLS in your therapy room through a standard pair of headphones. Your clients can choose from a wide selection of auditory sounds.
Deliver a highly professional and convenient experience, by using a second device such as your tablet/phone to remotely control the EMDR tools
What EMDR therapists think of our EMDR tools
what you do is rare
in today's world -
an excellent product AND service."
Frequently Asked Questions
Have some questions before you get started? Check out our FAQs below. If you still have questions,
speak directly with our team of experts.
When you first sign up, you will have a 30 day period to try out all the features of the platform. We recommend testing it with a friend or colleague first before doing an online EMDR session with a client.
The platform will work on any reasonably modern PC, Mac, iPad/iPhone or Android tablet/phone
No, there’s no software to install. The platform works on any modern PC or Mac with a web browser like Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Safari.
If you or your client are using an iPad or iPhone then the Safari browser should be used.
If you or your client are using an Android device then the Chrome browser should be used.
Bilateral Base was designed specifically for clinical work and so security has been ‘baked in’ from the start as opposed to being a bit of an afterthought as is the case with some general purpose video services.
- Video call encryption – Our video calls use end-to-end 256 bit encryption directly between the two participants’ computers, so no one can break into or watch a conference happening. For the technically minded, the technology we use is WebRTC. This is an industry standard for telehealth.
- Secure Session Links – The reusable invitation links that are sent to clients, are all unique and with billions of possible combinations are virtually impossible to guess.
- Server, Database & Account Security – Our servers and databases are also encrypted. Each account is protected behind a required complex password.
- Anonymous Client Profiles – To further ensure that everything stays between you and your client, Bilateral Base does not hold any personally identifiable information about your clients. When you add a client to our client manager tool you have the option to enter an anonymous identifier instead of their name.
Yes absolutely! Our built-in video conferencing uses a leading industry standard video conferencing technology called WebRTC that is very secure and so is ideal for all types of therapy session even when bilateral stimulation tools are not being used.
Apart from a computer, tablet or smartphone for you and your client, no other equipment is needed. The only additional thing to consider is a pair of headphones that include a microphone. These do not need to be complicated or expensive. The headphones that come with most new phones will usually do just fine and ‘headsets’ that include headphones and microphone are fairly inexpensive.
We recommend using headphones and microphone because:
- If your client is using headphones, it enables you to use auditory bilateral stimulus with them. Headphones ensure that the sound is delivered alternately to the client’s left and right ears.
- Headphones avoid that ‘echoey’ effect that is sometimes heard on video conferencing calls, where you can ‘hear yourself’. This happens because a user’s microphone is picking up the sound from their computer speakers, which can make it hard for the other person on the call to hear.
If you are planning to use auditory BLS with a client then we recommend you ask them to use a pair of wired headphones. This is because some wireless headphones do not support stereo audio (which is required to deliver auditory stimulus to left and right ears in an alternating pattern).