Online EMDR tools for therapists
Innovative and flexible EMDR tools for visual and auditory bilateral stimulation, with secure compliant video conferencing.
Therapist always has control of remote visual & auditory bilateral stimulus.
Privacy & Security
Secure Video Conferencing
Secure, world-wide compliant video conferencing (HiPAA, GDPR, PIPEDA and more...)
Desktop, Tablet or Mobile
Easy set up on any device
No software to download and works on any computer, tablet or smartphone.
EMDR equipment for the digital era
Many therapists now do a significant proportion of their EMDR work online. While general purpose video conferencing can be used for online EMDR therapy, performing bilateral stimulation remotely can often be awkward and lacks the professionalism of an in-person session. Bilateral Base gives therapists everything they need to deliver the same high quality EMDR experience online as in their therapy room.
Use any EMDR tool, anywhere
Up to now, therapists have been limited by the type and quality of bilateral stimulus they can use during remote sessions. Bilateral Base has created a set of visual & auditory tools that can all be used during online sessions to provide maximum flexibility and an outstanding client experience.
Virtual Light Bar
An extremely flexible tool for visual stimulus during remote EMDR. The on-screen light source is smooth and clear, making for easy eye tracking. Extensive customisation options deliver bilateral stimulation that is perfectly aligned to your clients’ needs.
Auditory BLS Studio
Auditory stimulus for online EMDR is combined with video conference sound and delivered through your client's headphones. The Auditory Studio library has a diverse range of bilateral tones to suit each client.
Take a look around the Online EMDR Platform.
Remote Therapy Features
Encrypted video conferencing ensuring the highest level of privacy.
Works on any device
Bilateral Base brings the benefits of EMDR therapy on whatever device your client has available.
Securely record and share sessions for accreditation and supervision purposes.
Therapist and client can easily share their screen with each other to view documents, images etc.
Client appointment manager
Easily manage your list of clients and send each one a secure reusable link to join sessions.
Save client session settings
BLS settings are automatically saved at the end of each session, so they can be reused in future sessions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have some questions before you get started? Check out our FAQs below. If you still have questions,
speak directly with our team of experts.
When you first sign up, you will have a 30 day period to try out all the features of the platform. We recommend testing it with a friend or colleague first before doing an online EMDR session with a client.
The platform will work on any reasonably modern PC, Mac, iPad/iPhone or Android tablet/phone
No, there’s no software to install. The platform works on any modern PC or Mac with a web browser like Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Safari.
If you or your client are using an iPad or iPhone then the Safari browser should be used.
If you or your client are using an Android device then the Chrome browser should be used.
Bilateral Base was designed specifically for clinical work and so security has been ‘baked in’ from the start as opposed to being a bit of an afterthought as is the case with some general purpose video services.
- Video call encryption – Our video calls use end-to-end 256 bit encryption directly between the two participants’ computers, so no one can break into or watch a conference happening. For the technically minded, the technology we use is WebRTC. This is an industry standard for telehealth.
- Secure Session Links – The reusable invitation links that are sent to clients, are all unique and with billions of possible combinations are virtually impossible to guess.
- Server, Database & Account Security – Our servers and databases are also encrypted. Each account is protected behind a required complex password.
- Anonymous Client Profiles – To further ensure that everything stays between you and your client, Bilateral Base does not hold any personally identifiable information about your clients. When you add a client to our client manager tool you have the option to enter an anonymous identifier instead of their name.
Yes absolutely! Our built-in video conferencing uses a leading industry standard video conferencing technology called WebRTC that is very secure and so is ideal for all types of therapy session even when bilateral stimulation tools are not being used.
Apart from a computer, tablet or smartphone for you and your client, no other equipment is needed. The only additional thing to consider is a pair of headphones that include a microphone. These do not need to be complicated or expensive. The headphones that come with most new phones will usually do just fine and ‘headsets’ that include headphones and microphone are fairly inexpensive.
We recommend using headphones and microphone because:
- If your client is using headphones, it enables you to use auditory bilateral stimulus with them. Headphones ensure that the sound is delivered alternately to the client’s left and right ears.
- Headphones avoid that ‘echoey’ effect that is sometimes heard on video conferencing calls, where you can ‘hear yourself’. This happens because a user’s microphone is picking up the sound from their computer speakers, which can make it hard for the other person on the call to hear.
If you are planning to use auditory BLS with a client then we recommend you ask them to use a pair of wired headphones. This is because some wireless headphones do not support stereo audio (which is required to deliver auditory stimulus to left and right ears in an alternating pattern).